Procedure for Obtaining a Building Permit
Note: New Construction, demolition, alterations, repairs, and improvements including but not limited to remodeling, rewiring, change of electrical service, re-piping, roofing, window and/or door replacement, siding, soffit, fascia, gutters, concrete placement, paving, sheds, fences, and swimming pools require a building permit.
- A meeting with the Building Inspector is recommended.
- Obtain a Building Permit Application from the Building Department
- Complete the application in full and then submit the completed application with all the required supporting documents including the Property Tax Index Number to the Building Department
- All Contractors and Subcontractors working on the site for which the building permit is requested must have a current Contractor’s License from the Village of Posen and provide a Certificate of Insurance and Surety Bond with the Village of Posen 2440 Walter Zimny Drive Posen, Illinois 60469 Listed as the holder of the certificate prior to the start of work.
- Once the Building Permit is issued the applicant will be notified, the Building Permit must be picked up within 5 working days of being notified, then the Permit shall be continuously displayed on site both prior to and through work construction.
- Inspections are required, and must be requested at least 24 hours in advance. Inspections are conducted between the hours of 9:00am and 1:00pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
- Building operations and material storage must be confined to the lot on which the building permit has been issued.
- All precautions must be taken to keep the streets and adjoining properties free of mud, debris, and windblown materials, by maintaining a dumpster on site or provide for the daily removal of waste and construction materials. If the premises are not maintained, construction will be halted by the Building Inspector until all clean up is performed.
- If you have any questions contact the Building Department at 708-385-0139