|NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS||Owner:||Village of Posen|
- TIME AND PLACE OF OPENING OF BIDS:
Sealed Proposals for the improvement described herein will be received at the office of the Village Clerk of the Village of Posen, 2440 W. Walter Zimny Drive, Posen IL 60469 until 7:00 p.m., May 11, 2021, and will be publicly opened and read at that time.
- DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The proposed work is officially known as:
2021 INVEST IN COOK ADA SIDEWALK REHABILITATION
and consists of P.C. sidewalk removal & replacement; earth excavation & P.C. sidewalk replacement; combination concrete curb and gutter removal & replacement; HMA pavement removal & replacement; detectable warning installation; topsoil & sod; structure adjustment; stop/street sign relocations; thermoplastic pavement striping; and all appurtenant construction.
- INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS:
- All work will be in conformance with the “Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction”, dated April 1, 2016.
- Plans and proposal forms will be available for download only from QuestCDN via the Novotny Engineering website, http://novotnyengineering.com, “Bidding” tab, for a non- refundable charge of $30.00. Please contact Novotny Engineering (630-887-8640) to obtain the QuestCDN password.
Proposal forms are non-transferable. Only those Proposals that have been obtained from, and with the approval of, Novotny Engineering will be accepted at the bid opening.
- Only prequalified Contractors who can furnish satisfactory proof that they have performed work of similar nature as Contractors will be entitled to receive Plans and submit Proposals. A “Certificate of Eligibility” issued by the Illinois Department of Transportation must be submitted for evaluation by Engineer in order to receive Plans. The Owner reserves the right to issue Bid Documents only to those Contractors deemed qualified.
- All Proposals must be accompanied by a Bank Cashier’s Check, Bank Draft, Certified Check, or Bid Bond for not less than five percent (5%) of the total amount of the Bid, or as provided in the applicable sections of the “Standard Specifications”.
NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS, Cont’d.
- No Bid may be withdrawn after opening of Proposals without the consent of the Owner for a period of forty-five (45) days after the scheduled time of opening of Bids.
- The Contractor will be required to furnish a labor and material “Performance Bond” in the full amount of the Contract.
- The Contractor will be required to pay Prevailing Wages in accordance with all applicable laws.
- AWARD CRITERIA AND REJECTION OF BIDS:
This Contract will be awarded to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder considering conformity with the terms and conditions established by the Village in the Proposal and Contract documents. The issuance of Plans and Proposal forms for bidding based upon a prequalification rating shall not be the sole determinant of responsibility. The Village reserves the right to determine responsibility at the time of award, to reject any and all Proposals, to readvertise the proposed improvements, and to waive technicalities.
BY ORDER OF:
PRESIDENT & BOARD OF TRUSTEES VILLAGE OF POSEN
Melanie Myers, Clerk